Lake Gleinkersee – a natural juwel
Water suitable for bathing
- Water temperature: 23° (Report dated 11.08.2019 - 11:00 )
Swimming paradise and legend world Gleinkersee It goes without saying that the Lake Gleinkersee is a paradise for keen swimmers. Even after extremel cold winters, the lake warms up quickly and is known as one of Austria’s warmest alpine lakes with temperatures up to 25°C. The large recreation lawn area with its panoramic alpine view offers lots of space even on busy days to ensure swimming fun and relaxation for the entire family. There is also a children’s playground. Easy access into the green emarald like and crystal clear waters is guaranteed via three wooden jetties. For some fun on the water you can rent rowing or paddle boats to explore all corners of the lake, or enjoy a roundtrip on our legend boat where we tell you the stories and legends of our area. Lake Gleinkersee: old quality, newly defined The country inn Seebauer was newly constructed in 2009. The old dilapidated building was torn down and a new house was bulit in the style of the local farmhouses to combine tradition with modern comfort. Hearty meals of the area in continuing high quality the inn was known for in the last 20 years are now served in a larger self service area and two comfortable dining rooms for colder days. The country inn garden with its mighty chestnut trees are still a popular feature on hot summer days. The improved access to the camping grounds and the increased size of the caravan park also shield the garden. Lots of space for tent and caravan Camping at Lake Gleinkersee – relaxation pur in the heart of the fascinating Pyhrn-Priel Region. Enjoy your breakfast just a stone throw away from the lake, or enjoy an open air barbeque in the evening and a cosy time around the logfire. The perfect infrastructure includes a new guest lounge, showers and toilet facilities. The caravan park offers 25 spaces and includes electricity, sewerage and water connections. Pike and trout Crystal clear waters are also the best conditions for high quality fish. Lake Gleinkersee is a true fishing paradise and home to many local fish species, from mighty pikes to brown trouts and arctic chars. Fishing cards can be obtained at the country inn Seebauer. Adventure Lake Gleinkersee A day at the Lake Gleinkersee does not only offer swimming and relaxation. There is also much adventure to be enjoyed – situated behind the lawn area you can test your skills while balancing over steel ropes and wooden bridges at the high rope garden. The Flying Fox Arena is one of Upper Austria’s largest and is sure to raise your adrenalin, while gliding at high speed – well secured and under the watchful eyes of competent staff of course. For further information please contact Harald Jansenberger, Tel.: +43(0)676/7400250 or visit the web at www.erlebnisagentur.info. Hiking Lake Gleinkersee is also the ideal starting point for many hikes. Whether you embark on a hike to the Dümlerhütte alpine hut, to the peak of the Seespitz or Warscheneck mountain, the Wurzeralm pastures or simply on an easy walk around the lake or further on to the Pießling-Spring. Where noble crayfish still lives The indigenous noble or European crayfish is practically extinct in Austria. The impressive animal with its total length of up to 20 cm can only be found in few waters. The Lake Gleinkersee offers an ideal retreat for the strictly protected noble crayfish , as it needs highest water quality as living condition.
Lake Gleinkersee – a natural juwel
powered by TOURDATA
1. The presented swimming locations and access sites to bodies of water are to be considered free suggestions and serve exclusively as non-binding information. We do not intend to enter a contract with the users of this website. Using the data does not conclude a contract with us. The data must only be used for private use; any commercial use is forbidden. In particular, it is prohibited to offer the data on commercially operated websites, file-sharing platforms, etc. or to utilize it for the development of commercial products. The download does not provide the user with any rights to the respective data.
The information we have posted in the section [...] was gathered with the utmost care. Nonetheless, we do not assume any liability regarding correctness and completeness of the information.
The information posted in the section [...] was not posted by us but by third parties (§ 16 E-Commerce Act (ECG)). We do not have any influence on whether the information provided there (such as entry points, depth, hazardous areas, currents, temperatures, water quality, etc.) is authentic, correct, or complete. We do not examine these foreign contents. For this reason, we do not assume any liability regarding the authenticity, correctness, or completeness of the information.
Construction measures and other influences can result in a temporary or permanent obstruction or shutdown of the swimming location or access site to the body of water. In this case, their utilisation might be restricted or impossible.
The use of the data as well as the use of the swimming locations and the bodies of waters occur at the user’s own risk on his/her own responsibility. The user is, in particular, responsible himself/herself for complying with the regulations (e.g. swimming bans, jumping into the water in designated areas only, avoiding pollution, bans on open fires, etc.), assessing his/her own personal capabilities, assessing risks, orientation, etc. We exclude any kind of liability for any damage, particularly for any accidents.
2. We are not responsible for the contents of external websites; in particular, we do not assume any liability for their statements or contents. Furthermore, we do not influence the design or contents of websites that can be accessed from www.ausflugstipps.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to www.ausflugstipps.at. The websites that can be accessed from www.ausflugstipps.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to www.ausflugstipps.at are not regularly monitored. Furthermore, we do not assume any claims to the websites that can be accessed from www.ausflugstipps.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to www.ausflugstipps.at.
1. Each of your recommendations regarding a swimming location or an access site to a body of water or any other details or information is free of charge. Neither do we assume any liability for your recommendations and, in particular, the correctness of the information nor are we liable for any kind of consequence that is a result of the use of your suggestion by a third party (particularly by users of this website). At no time will we check the suggestions or any other details or information you have posted.
We do not intend to enter a contract with those who post suggestions or any other details and information on this website. Posting any data (information) does not conclude a contract with us. With the recommendation of a suggestion, you are assuming special responsibility towards other users. Please take this responsibility seriously and describe your suggestion with the utmost care to the best of your knowledge and belief.
2. Your suggestions shall contain and sufficiently describe at least the following criteria in a clear and unambiguous manner:
- Entry points
- Hazardous areas
- Water quality
3. By posting the recommendation of a suggestion, you are instructing us with saving your suggestion and the details provided by you on our website, and with granting permanent access to third parties, particularly to users of this website. We reserve the right to partly or completely block or delete the suggestions and other details or information you have posted anytime without giving any reason. This shall not give rise to any kind of claim on your part.
Thank you for your efforts!
4. We are not responsible for the contents of external websites; in particular, we do not assume any liability for their statements or contents. Furthermore, we do not influence the design or contents of websites that can be accessed from www.ausflugstipps.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to www.ausflugstipps.at. The websites that can be accessed from www.ausflugstipps.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to www.ausflugstipps.at are not regularly monitored. Furthermore, we do not assume any claims to the websites that can be accessed from www.ausflugstipps.at via hyperlinks or that use hyperlinks to refer to www.ausflugstipps.at.
- May, June, September: Wednesday to Sunday from 9am to 6pm | Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- July 1 to September 9, 2018: daily from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- October: Saturday and Sunday from 11.00 - 17.00 open in all weather
- End of the season: 26th of October
The lake is not completed and can be visited at any time!
General price information:
Bathers is in the months of May to September, a spacious and well-tended lawn for a surcharge.
Accessibility / arrival
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for kids (all ages)
- Pets allowed
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for children
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
- Toilet facility
- Playground (outdoors)
- Swimming / bathing
- Diving / scuba
- Holiday coupon Pyhrn-Priel
Für Informationen beim Kontakt anfragen.
Lake Gleinkersee is an enchanting small alpine lake and the ideal place to rejuvinate your soul. Surrounded by rich green pastures and healthy forests, the alpine swimming lake is a true idyll. Swimming paradise and legend world Gleinkersee It goes without saying...