The three-bay nave that is divided by pillars was erected in the Baroque era. Like most churches the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary´s was extensively 'restored' in Baroque times and has a vaulted barrel ceiling with moulded ribs and plaster panels. In the year 1961, Gothic-style fresco paintings were exposed in these panels. The tower is 36 meters tall and rises from the northern wall of the church. In 1720, it received the octagonal belfry with windows and its domed roof. The interior of the Parish Church is mainly of the second half of the 18th century and probably was created by artists of Schärding. The high altar of 1761 is flanked by a 15th century statue of St Mary that was restored in 1956.
The pillars of the nave are decorated with Baroque statues from the decade between 1760 and 1770. The most noticeable among them are the statues of Saint Wolfgang and Saint Florian.
The Stations of the Cross feature elaborately carved Rococo style frames and come from the Vornbach Monastery. The most interesting tombstone of the 17th and 18th century is that of Ms. Maria Perchdolt, who died in 1694. The fine relief is made of Kelheim Stone and depicts the scene when "Christ announced the End of the World to the Apostles".
The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary´s Church creates a typically Upper Austrian scene of a church on a hilltop, which was originally surrounded by a graveyard. The three-bay nave that is divided by pillars was erected in the Baroque era. Like most churches the...