Upper Austria
Static Map

Protestant Church "Evangelische Dankbarkeitskirche"

Initially the building of the church was a granary of the Capuchin Monks' monastery, which was dissolved in the year 1784 by the emperor Josef II. The wholesale merchant Jakob Schönthaler transformed the building into an Evangelical church in 1866. The church was renewed in 1790 and new consecrated. The skilful main entrance of copper is a creation of Braunau's native Resl Schröder-Lechner. The painter Prof. Johannes Schreiber shaped the interior with pictures.

Contact

Protestant Church "Evangelische Dankbarkeitskirche"
Theatergasse
5280 Braunau am Inn

Phone: +43 7722 62644
Fax machine: +43 7722 62644-14
E-Mail: info@tourismus-braunau.at
Web: www.tourismus-braunau.at/de/braunau_erleben/museen_kirch ...

Contact person
Tourismus Braunau

We speak the following languages

German

powered by TOURDATA

Sehenswürdigkeiten
Protestant Church 'Evangelische Dankbarkeitskirche'
Braunau am Inn

Initially the building of the church was a granary of the Capuchin Monks' monastery, which was dissolved in the year 1784 by the emperor Josef II. The wholesale merchant Jakob Schönthaler transformed the building into an Evangelical church in 1866. The church was...